Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello Hong Kong (Again)

We are back in Hong Kong, leg 1 of the journey home down, 1 more (long one) to go! We are scheduled to arrive back on US soil on Sat. night. I saw the below image on a friend's blog and I had to share. It's a simple design but so perfectly captures how I'm feeling for Japan right now. Even right now it appears that things are worsening. I read the situation described as a "slow moving nightmare" and I feel like that really hit the nail on the head. I continue to pray that things stabilize at the nuclear reactor and recovery can really begin. Deep sigh.

On a much, much lighter note, here's a couple iphone pics from our plane ride today.
View to my left.

View to my right. For the millionth time, how thankful I am for the existence of Puppy. He has provided my little guy with such safety and comfort during these last two weeks (Puppy pretty much hasn't left his side). And I am also very thankful- that Connor is such a good plane sleeper! He slept for most of this afternoon's flight (timed up during naptime, sweet).

Lastly... dating back to his days as Leo on "Will and Grace," I have loved Harry Connick Jr. Imagine my excitement when I learned he also lived in New Canaan (and no I did not move there because he lived there but it was a very, very fun surprise.) My Mom and I had a chance run in with him in one of the shops downtown when he even asked us (in his smooth-as-butter southern accent) to weigh in on a gift he was buying (during which I literally almost died on the spot). As I was reading the in-flight magazine on my Thai Air flight today I came across this ad and had to smile. Harry baby, I'm coming atcha! Reason #114 I'm thrilled to be coming home!

1 comment:

Faithcola said...

Welcome (Back) to the United States of Awesomeness! I've always loved that name and think of you every time I say it.