Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Andrew!

This past Saturday night I had planned for a karaoke extravaganza with some of our friends in celebration of Andrew's birthday but obviously, that did not happen. But today hasn't been a bad way to celebrate either. We had a birthday pancake breakfast out on the patio this morning. Then we dropped the kids off at the kids club for a couple hours after Leyla's nap. You can arrange for babysitting there which was perfect. They have a jungle gym, crafts, lots of toys, etc. And Andrew and I were able to have some "us" time at the pool by ourselves. In the below picture we're at the swim up bar with a waterfall behind us. Pretty sweet!

The Birthday Boy.

Leyla's gift to her Daddy- her first word (which to even call it a word is a real stretch but in honor of Andrew's birthday and us not exactly having access to other gifts we're going to go with it): Dada. Which right now is more like dadadadada and not exactly with purpose but whatever, we'll take it. It's been so fun watching her find her little voice. She is quite the little personality!

Happy Birthday to Andrew- as I've said before- he's the best man I know. We've shared eight homes together on two continents, had two amazing kids, and countless adventures along the way. There's absolutely no one I'd rather share this wild and precious life with. I love you so much!

8 comments:

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

And way to go Leyla! That is totally her first word:)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!

SteveG85321 said...

Careful Andrew, little girls instinctively know how to wrap their dads around their fingers. This is how it begins. It's totally worth it though.

Happy birthday!

Dad G

Jessica Roberts said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! And I love how Connor is in the background saying "dada"!

Julie, Andrew, Connor and Leyla said...

Aww thanks Pops! Love you!

Melanie Smith said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! I love the Leyla video - agree with the comment about Connor!

Swann said...

Glad you guys are having a great relief! Your blog definitely made me cry at work... (thanks man).

Happy bday Andrew!
Stacy