The first trimester was pretty rough. Much harder than I remember it being with the other two, but that could also be because I had two others to keep up with this time around. I only threw up a handful of times but I felt on the verge of it ALL. THE. TIME. Basically as long as I was awake I was nauseous. Andrew was a huge help, and I don't think anyone was happier when I hit the second trimester and that all went away! I wouldn't say that my eating was especially great during the first trimester (did the best I could) but one thing I was really happy about was that I managed to keep up my running/exercise. There were definitely days I just couldn't make it happen but for the most part- I tried to do something (even if just a walk) for at least 30 minutes every day. It almost always made me feel better. Now that I'm bigger I'm closer to exercising every other day but am happy to say that I'm still running. It's not fast or far these days but it's something ;) Hope to be able to keep it up a little while longer.
The kids are so excited for the new baby. When we told them we were having another baby Connor's first question was who was going to watch he and Leyla when we went to the hospital to have the baby. Always so concerned. Next he asked how we could make sure this one is a boy, because he already has a sister and doesn't need another ;) I told him that we didn't know what it was going to be, that it would be a delivery surprise. He asked who gets to decide this. I wasn't quite sure how to respond so I told him it was up to God. He seemed content with that and went on about his business. But I had to laugh, when a couple minutes later I walked past the living room to find him on his knees- praying!! to God for a brother! Leyla wants a sister of course so either way someone will be thrilled! They are agreed on one thing though- girl or boy they want to name the baby Cole (Connor has a buddy named Cole, I assume this is why they've chosen this name). For the record, while I do really like that name, and we don't really have definite names picked out for either sex, we are not planning to name the baby Cole. Connor's artwork from a couple months ago:
We had our 20 week sonogram a couple weeks ago and everything looks good! I'm always so relieved after that anatomy ultrasound is over. It was a little harder than I thought not finding out what we're having. For a couple minutes during the ultrasound I asked Andrew if we should just find out. All of a sudden I really wanted to know! But he convinced me not to, and now I'm even more excited that we're waiting to find out. I've always loved the idea of a delivery surprise, just never thought I could be the type to wait it out. Andrew and I both have a feeling that it's a certain gender but guess we'll have to wait a few more months to know for sure! I feel the baby moving all the time now by the way- such an amazing feeling. Trying to cherish being in this great pregnancy phase (2nd trimester), especially since this will be my last!
My growing belly over the last couple months:
Love Leyla in this picture. 14 or 15 weeks I think?
16 weeks.
22 weeks!
Quick shot yesterday afternoon for the latest... 24 weeks!
Clearly I'm going through a stripe phase. I keep forgetting to have Andrew take a picture of me when I'm actually dressed nicely. We're going out tonight, hopefully I'll remember then.
Out of nowhere, on the drive home from school on Thursday Connor asked me how exactly, was the baby going to get out of my stomach? Several other Moms in Connor's class are also pregnant so I wonder if maybe this came up at school. I wasn't really prepared for this- so I asked him how he thought the baby was going to get out. He thought for a minute, and then said that maybe when the baby has grown big enough, Daddy and I will go to the hospital and the doctor will bring us a big box, with lots of holes so the baby can breathe ok, and then we'll get to open the box and (Surprise!) the baby will come out! (I wonder if this is because we keep talking about the baby being a delivery surprise). Side note- wouldn't it be awesome if that's how babies were really born???? I mean sign me up for that plan please. Then Connor said "seriously Mom, how exactly will it get out?" So I used some correct anatomy and (keeping it light) explained where the baby was going to come out. He probed further, and that's when I caved and said magic kicked in, ha. He laughed and said "Mama what you just told me is so crazy and ridiculous (current favorite word he likes to use whenever possible) and I want to talk about something else now like what we're having for snack today." HAHA me too Connor!







No comments:
Post a Comment