Friday, June 10, 2011

Connor's Last Day of School

Friday was Connor's last day of school. They had a little party to celebrate. We watched a DVD of the kids' year and I actually teared up. I just can't believe how much he's grown up since the school year began- physically and emotionally. Some crazy big things happened in Connor's life this school year- a new little sister, moving to Tokyo, starting in a new school, shortly thereafter fleeing from Tokyo, going back to his original school-- and yet he never skipped a beat. He's as well adjusted as he ever was and I am so proud of him and the little person he has become. Sniff sniff.

Here the class is reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Love how Connor stops mid-pledge to smile huge for someone else's camera.

Singing the school song while playing the bells.

C and I.

Connor's teachers: Miss Fischer, Mrs. Gilroy and Mrs. Wilbee. They were all so, so, so wonderful.

The kids giving goodbye hugs.

I had a sitter for Leyla that morning so after school Connor and I went out for a lunch date by ourselves, and then to get ice cream. We don't get to do that very often so it was fun for us both! But of course we missed this little lady ;)

No comments: