Monday, December 6, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

It's that fun (but crazy!) time of year that I love. I can't believe how much we have going on this month. Friday night we went to our town's "Holiday Stroll," tree lighting etc. We met up with Connor's buddy Cole and family. On Saturday morning Connor had his last swim class/graduation/party. He is such a good swimmer! He still wears the floatie thing around his waist but he's "swimming" all on his own. He loves to jump in the pool all by himself, put his head under the water, blow bubbles, and actually swim. We're really proud of him! After swim class we jetted over to his friend Brooke's 3rd birthday party where we had lunch. Then we were back in the car to head into NYC for Annie and John's holiday party. All this running around meant a lot of prior planning on my part, pumping in the car, etc. Everything is such a process when there's a little baby involved! Our plan was to hit the tree at Rockefeller from there but it was getting late and we were beat so we headed home instead. Some pics:

All bundled up for the Holiday Stroll on Friday night. Connor was not enthused by having to sit for a quick pic before we left.

Cole and Lainey with their Mom Sandi.

Sipping hot cocoa to stay warm!

They shut down the street for Santa's arrival. Most of the stores (which were all open late Fri. night) were serving appetizers or hot cocoa (some were even serving wine!) This town rocks.

Waiting for Santa!

The Santa was way legit looking (his elf too). He rode in on a vintage firetruck- it was quite an entrance!! I left Connor and Andrew to go in some stores (ie search for wine) during which apparently Connor went right up to Santa and told him he really wants a red guitar this year!

Connor was so happy to run into his buddy Brendan!

Christine (Brendan's Mom) and I.

The little lady (on Saturday morning) in her holiday party attire.

Brooke's (princess) birthday party.

Annie and John's party in NYC. Connor really loved looking out their window at all the lights and buildings and taxis below. The tall building in the middle is our old apt. building! Sadly Annie and John moved into this apt. after we had already moved to CT so we never got to live that close to them while we were there.

My man and I (he had a BLAST at the party).

Family photo. Wish Leyla wasn't making that "this blows" face.

Out on the street before heading home. I heart NYC this time of year, boy do I miss it!!

Sunday was way more relaxing- just church, out for lunch and then to get our Christmas tree. We strung the lights yesterday but will decorate it one night this week.

The rest of our month is equally hectic. This weekend Jessica, Chad and Carter come to visit. We also have Andrew's boss's holiday party which should be interesting. The weekend after that we're going to Disneyworld!!!! (both for Connor's 3rd birthday and to visit Melanie, Jason, Carter and Emmy- we can't wait). The next weekend is Connor's birthday and Christmas. The weekend after that we move back to Asia (Tokyo to be exact)! Have I forgotten to mention that here?? Haha. I've been in a bit (ok a lot) of denial about it but now that we're less than a month out I guess its time to admit that this is really, truly happening! More details to come in another post...

Tokyo here we come (again)!!

3 comments:

Jessica Roberts said...

Just caught up on the blog. Boy, I thought Carter smiled a lot until I saw Leyla! Holy crap, that child is just about the happiest baby I've ever seen. Are you drugging her??? ;-)

Pics were great; it really makes me miss you guys and soooo glad we are making the trip up this weekend!

Melanie Smith said...

We can't wait to see you guys!! I still can't believe you're going back to Tokyo! Tell the old place we said hello and we miss it!

SteveG85321 said...

Wow, you guys sure do drive a fast pace and cover a lot of ground! It all looks like joy, though, so God bless all of you and all you do.
Love,
Dad/Gramps