Thursday, October 28, 2010

6 Week Checkup

Today I had my 6 week postpartum checkup. Crazy to think that its already been 6 weeks since Leyla came into our life! I feel like just in the last week or so everything really came together. Some small victories: she's on a great schedule now (I follow the E-A-S-Y method: Eat, Activity, Sleep, You as described in one of my favorite parenting books "The Baby Whisperer," Mom-to-be friends, check it out!), she's sleeping great at night (in her own room!), I've been able to time up naptime so that both kids are down at the same time each day (score!), she's eating every 3.5-4 hours, we had friends over for dinner for the first time last weekend (first trial run at entertaining while simultaneously parenting two kids- I think it went well), Leyla and I drove into NYC for our first "city playdate" last week and we have our first non-family sitter coming this weekend so that Andrew and I can go out to dinner for our anniversary- whew! The thing I love most about Leyla right now (besides her snuggliness, if that's even a word) is her social smiles- she's smiling constantly! You give her one bit of attention and she just eats it up. Yesterday she, Connor and I were playing on the floor and she started grinning at him. Connor said (unprompted) "Mommy I love baby Leyla!" So sweet!

At the doctor's office this morning she was snoozing until the nurses started oohing and ahhing over her which is when she woke up to flash them this sweet face (gotta love the iphone to capture moments like this.)

We are just lovin' this baby girl!

No comments: