Friday, August 6, 2010

Ready for Sister!

The other day a really fun gift arrived in the mail from Melanie- a little girl babydoll and pink stroller. Of course the gift is for the baby but Connor couldn't wait to play with it! I thought it would be good practice prior to the arrival of his little sis so I let him open it up. I couldn't believe how serious he was about taking care of her! He refers to her as "his baby" (and if you ask him about Mommy's baby he'll tell you that she's going to come out of Mommy's belly soon).

Lots of kisses!

Wanting to put her shoes on before taking her out for a walk.

So careful taking the stroller down the steps!

And they're off!

Wanting to rock her and kiss her before nap time (and take her shoes off, read her a story and sing her a song- oh my goodness did it make me smile watching him take her through his own bedtime routine!)

It was noted that we need to work on how to carry the baby around (by the neck is probably not good). Sorry so blurry but I had to catch this on film. He had just declared that she was tired and needed to go take a nap now!

Also need to work on putting her into the crib. Side note- he's wanted her to be tucked in next to him in his crib every night since she arrived!

But other than that I think he's ready to be the best big bro EVER! Thanks for the wonderful gift Melanie, we have so enjoyed this!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Melanie Smith said...

I'm so happy the gift was a hit - I kind of thought if Connor was anything like Carter (which we've said may be the case), he'd enjoy the gift just as much as little Miss Eich will some day. One of Carter's BFF's is 'Abby', the doll that we got when Emmy was born! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby and her big bro when she arrives!