Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Can't Waits- only one month to go!

I can't wait to...

Meet my baby girl. I think about her constantly.

See Andrew hold his daughter for the first time.

Introduce her to her amazing big brother.

Begin our new life as a family of 4.

Have a glass of wine. No make that a patron silver margarita on the rocks with salt (forget this whole heat thing, summers without margaritas are TOUGH).

A big ole mug of coffee. This caffeine addict has a really hard time kicking the caffeine habit, I've always found it much more difficult than the no alcohol thing.

Go for that first sweat inducing, heart pounding, I-just-really-worked-it-out jog/run. I love that feeling you get after a really good workout, like you really used your muscles and did something good for yourself. That endorphin high is real and I just haven't had that in so long now! It now feels like I have a bowling ball in my belly, like I want to support it with my hands. This has made even walking uncomfortable. No fun. Thinking as soon as we have the baby sleeping through the night and I get my running legs back I'll find a race to train for and then I'll really be back in the game.

Wear normal clothes. It would appear that skinny jeans are going to be the style again this fall, just lovely.

Take normal breaths. The baby is right up against my lungs so right now I never feel like I'm able to take full breaths in. Not a fun feeling.

Sleep on my stomach again. And maybe even fall asleep at a normal time. It's now after midnight before I finally turn off the light. Although I'm tired, I just can't fall asleep until then. Andrew calls me the resident vampire.

Enough of the complaints, because I'm most of all looking forward to holding that snuggly little baby in my arms and smelling that new baby smell. It will make all the tough parts of being pregnant beyond worth it! I know from experience now that they are only that teeny tiny for a short while and I will cherish every precious second of it!

My little Connor, just a few hours old here, checking out the scene. Can't wait for that!

3 comments:

Faithcola said...

Julie, that was the sweetest post. You are not complaining...just looking forward to so many things! Thinking of you!

PS. When do we get to see her room? I'm dying to see it!!

Ashley said...

I'm a pregnant vampire too - it takes me HOURS to fall asleep.

SteveG85321 said...

Julie, it is such a blessing that, out of a rather fractured family, would come such a beautiful young mother. Love is really the most important factor, and it shows through your eloquent post (in spite of the complaining; you never were one to suffer in silence). Everyone in the family commented last week how great you looked, and you do, but to me that comes as much from the inside as from your appearance. You are going to be an absolutely brilliant family of 4.
love, Dad/Gramps