Monday, August 9, 2010

New Do

My hair grows pretty fast anyway but it grows ridiculously long and thick when I'm pregnant. Here I am just a few days after Connor was born, so long!

A day or two after this was taken, with hormones going haywire and exhaustion starting to set in, I decided that I no longer wanted to have long hair (or any hair for that matter- I totally would have shaved it all off Britney Spears style had my hairdresser been up for it). It was just taking way too long to wash and blow dry. So when Connor was about a week old, Andrew drove both of us to my hair salon in Tokyo. He (being the awesome husband that he is) waited in the car with Connor while I chopped my hair to an inch or so below my chin. I couldn't find an "after" shot- but then again who takes many shots of themselves in the days and weeks after giving birth, ha!

Fast forward to today, in an effort to stay one step ahead of my (potentially) future crazy self, I just got a major haircut (though not nearly as major as it could have been had I waited until after the baby was born). They took 4+ inches off and thinned it out considerably. Now, if I let it air dry for a bit too, I can blow dry it into a cute flippy 'do in minutes, yay! Not the best shot, but it's tough to take a picture of yourself when Connor wants to be in it too and you're looking directly into the sun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! ...your hair and Connor!

Melanie Smith said...

the above from Melanie!

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

You look so pretty! Love it!!!!

Faithcola said...

Super cute!!

Julie, Andrew, Connor and Leyla said...

Thanks so much!!