Sunday, August 22, 2010

Albino Wedding Weekend

At my 35 week doctor appt I got the go ahead to travel down to Annapolis at almost 37 weeks for Shannon and Rob's wedding. My doctor said that typically, most women have their second babies around the same time as their firsts, the labor itself is just a lot quicker. In my case that would be 41 weeks- ugh! But then at my 36 week appt (the day before we were to leave for MD) I learned that I had already begun to dilate (apologies if that's too much information) and that NO WAY was I to make the trip. In fact he told me I was "insane" to even consider it. Errr! Devastated was not even the word. Had it been just another wedding than it wouldn't have been a big deal but this was a really special one! As I think I've mentioned before, this was one of my best friends marrying one of Andrew's (they met through us). How often do you get to go to a wedding where you know both sides so well? Plus it was in Annapolis, so we already had my Mom planning (and looking forward!) to watching Connor all weekend. It was with a heavy heart that I called Shannon on Thursday night to tell her that we would decide in the morning but that there was a chance that we wouldn't be able to make it. Andrew and I polled a bunch of people for other opinions and got 8 "no ways" and 2 "go for its." However, the 2 "go for its" were from my Mom and Jessica's Mom- the only two that have actually had kids. It might not have been the smartest thing but we ultimately decided to go for it- what the heck. The worst that could have happened would have been that I gave birth down in MD- and that wouldn't have been all that bad being that so many of my friends and family are down there! My Mom would be there to watch Connor too! We brought with us my bag for the hospital, the infant carseat and my medical records (just in case). I figured the more prepared we were the less of a chance there was that I'd actually go into labor. We were right!

Soooooo glad we decided to make the trip. It was an unbelievably fun wedding and weekend and coming from someone who was completely sober I think that says a lot! Shannon looked more beautiful than I've ever seen her before and had to have had more fun than I've ever seen a bride have. Her Dad gave one of the most heartfelt and sweetest toasts I've ever seen at the reception- I truly adore her parents. I got to see all my girlfriends- some that I get to see all the time and others that I only get to see on special occasions like this. And Andrew got to see so many of his old college buddies, a couple that we hadn't seen since our wedding. I told myself I wouldn't dance at the wedding but I ended up dancing most of the night- it was just that kind of a wedding- the dance floor was packed all night long. And now that I know there was no labor (and still nothing a friggin week later!) I wish I had hit the after party too but at the time I just had to call it a night when the reception ended at midnight. Here's a few of my fave pics from the weekend, some are from Tracey's camera.

The Rehearsal Dinner: The Federal House in Annapolis.

And if it looks like I've been wearing the same thing all summer long its because I have. I've spent next to nothing on my maternity wardrobe!

A and I before leaving for the ceremony.

University of Maryland chapel!!!!!!!

The girls with Shann just before the ceremony. Even though I'm not in it I love love love this picture!!

Post ceremony.


My belly is ridiculous.

First dance.

Congrats again to Shannon and Rob!

On Sunday I met up with Jessica for an early lunch in downtown Annapolis. Turns out Kim and Stacy were there too-- for a surprise "sprinkle" for me! Stacy even drove all the way up from the beach where she has a house this summer. We must have sat at our table for hours- just talking and laughing so much. Had the best time. Not to mention they spoiled me absolutely rotten with baby girl stuff. I am so set now. Thank you guys so much! And for those that don't know what a sprinkle is (because I didn't)- its a much scaled down version of a baby shower for a second child. This was actually my second sprinkle, I just haven't written about my other one yet! I truly do have the best friends ever and am so lucky!! Here's Jessica and I before heading to lunch, yes there's that grey dress again:

And as for Connor, he had such a blast with my Mom that weekend. She's just so amazing with him and loves to play all the silly little games that he loves. At one point he ran in the house after being outside with Andrew, gave me a little wave and ran up to throw his arms around my Mom, saying "Hi Grandma, I'm back now! Ready to play again!" It made me a little sad that his hug wasn't for me, but so happy that he adores his Grandma so much. Thank you thank you to my Mom for taking such great care of our little man last weekend!!

No comments: