Monday, December 17, 2007

No Eich Baby just yet...

For those of you keeping track, today is December 18th, which is the baby's official due date! Alas, there is still no baby news to report. I had my weekly check up yesterday afternoon and the doctor said that all looked good and he expects the baby to arrive within the week- so we're still hopeful that he'll be here before Christmas. We'll just have to wait and see! Although I know first babies historically arrive late, we're not sure why ours is dragging his feet (as large as those feet may be being that he's Andrew's son). We have a warm and cozy nursery waiting for him, a Christmas tree with presents under it just for him (most of which are "birthday" presents sent from friends and family back home but we put them under the tree because it makes it look like there's lots to open on Christmas morning-- and so begins the lumping together of his birthday and Christmas...), not to mention two soon-to-be parents that couldn't be more excited for him to get here!! He was especially active in my belly yesterday and last night, not sure if its his way of letting us know he's ok in there or if he's outright mocking me now, as in "I'm having so much fun in here and I'm never coming out!!" Hopefully its the first one. I really appreciate everyone's daily calls or emails to check on the status of the baby- he's a very loved child already and that makes me so happy. Everyone's phone messages these days begin with "Well you aren't answering the phone so you must be at the hospital!!"- but unfortunately not just yet- I've either been out running errands, or in the shower, or in one case yesterday- just too large and slow to make it to the phone before it stopped ringing. But hopefully soon!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm keeping track!!!

Len & Susan said...

Baby Eich better get out soon. His second cousin Zachary has been working hard to learn Japanese and wish him yukai bakansu!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! Hang in there...Remember if you get desperate "castor oil & OJ." I swear by it!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure it's any day now. Since we're having great weather here in Tokyo, get out and walk - enjoy the day! Soon your little one will be here! Thinking of you!