Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Days of Kindergarten!

Remember this? It's been a wild and crazy 5.5 years involving many moves (and two more kids!) but this still feels like it was yesterday (Connor at 3 months old, one of my favorite pics of him as a baby):
And now, so grown up! I could not be more proud of him, he's just such a terrific kid (and big brother!)
Monday was Connor's kindergarten visitation day. Andrew and I both took him, just for an hour, to meet his teachers, half his class, and check out his new classroom. He was a little nervous but mostly just excited!
With Leyla and his new Darth Vadar backpack :)

Kindergarten action pose!
Proud parents!

Outside his new elementary school.

He drew a picture of himself and his best bud Tristan (who is also starting kindergarten at East but unfortunately is not in his class).
His teacher Mrs. Orlando reading to the class.
Tuesday was the biggie- the first day riding the bus. I love this next series of pictures. Here we are waiting for the bus. Leyla's clapping for Connor, telling him how excited she is that he gets to go to kindergarten!
So happy! Side note, Leyla starts ballet next week and so I just got her this leotard which she has literally not taken off in days.
 Yay for kindergarten! Is that the look of a proud little sister or what?!
 Bus is almost here, it's getting real! I could see he was starting to get nervous.
When we heard it turn onto our street and start powering up the hill Connor clung to my leg for a minute and squeezed my hand. That's when I thought I might lose it! But he climbed right on in.

 Blurry wave. Bye Mommy :(
 And just like that he was off.
I turned around just in time to see what might be the saddest face I ever saw. I think it just hit her that her BFF was gone. It made me cry too.
 I asked if she was ok and that's when the waterworks really began. My poor little ballerina!
Kindergartners only go half days all this week. Needless to say, no one was more excited than Leyla when he got off that bus yesterday!! And here he was getting off the bus today (Wednesday!)
Kindergarten is off to a GREAT start! Connor- you are our rockstar!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Julie, you even made ME get teary with that post.

Unknown said...

What an awesome post and what a great memory for the future (I cried too). Connor is an awesome guy (my very favorite BIG boy) and I know he'll have a great year. Poor Leyla... her time is coming, but it must seem like never. Leyla in ballet should be a trip; why do I get the feeling she will be the prima donna?
I love you all and can't wait to see you. Gramps