The sweet face he makes when he's cooing :)
Little man is 6 weeks old today! I've been eating up his little smiles and coos and am obsessed with his chunky thighs. He's a very good natured baby for most of the day and then gets
The last 6 weeks have been kind of a blur. This past week I feel like we really found our working routine, particularly at night time. I had been trying to keep Logan up until after I put the kids to bed but that just wasn't working (and I'm not really sure what I was thinking). He was fussy and then I couldn't give the kids the attention they needed at bedtime. So our evening routine generally resembles an assembly line, with Logan in bed at 7:00 and the kids in bed by 7:30-8. We started giving Logan a "dream feed" (pumped bottle of milk while he's sleeping- he never really wakes up) before we go to bed at 10:30/11 (the idea is that Andrew will give it to him and I go to bed earlier but that hasn't really happened yet because I cherish my adult time in the evenings!!) But maybe soon. With the dream feed he only wakes once in the night (2:00-3:00am) and then again for the day sometime between 6:00-7:00am. Any earlier than that and I give him a quick feed and put him back down but that only happened once this week. I'm generally pleased with how things have been going but don't get me wrong there are moments (or sometimes hours) of total freaking chaos. My internal dialogue generally goes back and forth between "This is so great! I've totally got this! I'm rocking it! Look at this beautiful family we've built! How did I get so lucky??!!" and... "OMG This is INSANE! How did this happen? There are little people everywhere! And they never stop asking for things! I want to hide in a closet with a beer and hope they don't find me!" Ha. I think (hope) those are normal thoughts at six weeks out ;) And I know things will get a whole lot easier once school starts for Connor and Leyla (not that I'm in a rush for that). But at least then I'll have a chance to breathe a little.
This past week Ashley (due in a month and looking fabulous!) and Claire came to visit and meet Logan and of course this past weekend was our little family reunion in NJ where Logan got to meet the rest of the family. This past weekend Andrew and also I had our first night out (dinner party at a friend's house) and a sitter stayed home with the three (big step!) We put Leyla and Logan down before we left so we weren't too worried. And it was SO great to be out! I had my 6 week post partum check up yesterday- all is good and I got the go ahead to begin working out again- yay! I've already lost 25lbs (golf claps) but still have a ways to go. It's not just the baby weight- I got pregnant in the midst of our kitchen renovation when we were eating out most nights a week (and more pizza then I care to admit!) so I began higher than I would have liked. Even so I probably gained the most of any pregnancy, which is unfortunate. I'd like to think I made healthy choices, I apparently just made a lot of them ;) I need to hang onto some of the weight for breastfeeding purposes but for the rest, Project: Get In Shape Girl has begun!!
Best big brother imaginable! Check out that thigh chunk on Logan (missed out on that with Leyla!)
Ash and Logo (current nickname)!
We're heading back up to the camp this afternoon. My Mom and Gerry will be there this time. The kids are really looking forward to some Grandma time (as our we!)





2 comments:
Logan is such a cutie!!! It sounds like you are doing great with three. Keep it up! I only have two and I need to lock myself in the bathroom when I try to talk to Melanie on the phone. :)
Have lots of fun up at the camp...I am sure grandma Roberta can't wait! Logan is such a doll!
Post a Comment