First and foremost, happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! We had such a nice weekend. It was so much better than Mother's Day last year, which we spent with Connor in the hospital with asthma related breathing issues (not to be outdone by Father's Day last year, when we took Leyla to the ER via ambulance after swallowing a Lego). So the uneventful-ness of this weekend has been just lovely :)
A little weekend recap since I took quite a few pictures...
Andrew and Connor play t-ball on Saturday mornings so Leyla and I began the day with a long coffee and PJ stroller walk (me the coffee and her in her pj's). I love strolling with my little lady friend!
Then when the boys got home we all got ready to head over to our town's annual St. Mark's fun fair. It was a gorgeous day for it! Before we left we tried to get a nice Mother's Day pic of the kids and I but didn't manage to get one with all of us looking at the camera at the same time. Leyla's faces really made me laugh though.
At the fun fair we met up with several groups of friends, including Jennette, Patrick and Landon (Landon and Leyla could be a future couple, FYI).
The kids took several rides on this Dumbo ride, I think it was the favorite of the day. Here's Connor, Cole and Laney (Cole is his best bud from his old school).
Leyla and I. She looks so tiny on the ride! She was kind of serious during the ride so I though maybe she was scared but as soon as we got off she said "Ride elephant again now please!!"
Connor, Lucas and Soraya (best buddies from his new school). All sorts of cuteness going on here!After an awesome lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and strawberry shortcake (yummmm) we were all beat so we headed home for naps. But with both kids down for the count, Andrew and I decided to lounge on the patio with some margaritas instead, awesome idea.
I slept in this morning (a rarity!) and when I got up the kids had flowers and were working on pictures for me. Connor drew a picture of he and I when he was in my belly which I thought was funny. Then I went for a 6 mile run! That might not seem like a lot to some, but for my wannabe-runner self, believe me it was ;) I'm training for a race, but that's for another post. Bottom line- it's the longest I've run post-kids and I ran at a relatively respectable pace so I was pumped. My neighborhood is so pretty to run around, I stopped to snap this picture of a stream around the corner from my house.
After my run we quickly got ready for church, and were so happy when we made it through all of mass without having to move Leyla to the cry room (its not that she cries- she just has ants in her pants and has a hard time sitting nicely the whole time so she and either Andrew or I usually end up there by the end). I remember Connor being the same way at this age and now he's an awesome church-goer, hopefully it will be the same with Leyla soon. Then we hit Gates, our favorite brunch spot, then home for naps and play. Leyla's favorite place to be these days is on Andrew's tractor. He takes her for so many rides on the weekends.
Again with the crazy faces!
Pretty picture of our back steps. I'm really loving our blooming lavender bush.

Nana (Grandad was pitching) playing baseball with the kids during their last visit here.
My Mom with the gang and I on my birthday last month.
Leyla with her Great Grandma Alice during our last trip down to MD. Love this picture!
Happy Mother's Day!


















2 comments:
Yeah! Love the big update! Happy Mother's Day Julie!
Great post honey! Those kids sure are characters. Love to all of you,
Gramps
Post a Comment