Monday, December 19, 2011

This Old House Before and After: Kitchen Wall

Just a quick before and after. We've recently completed a couple of home projects. One was to knock out some of the wall between our kitchen and living room. We have an older colonial home so its very compartmentalized. Our intention is to open up the space as much as we can. During our first wall knock out (this wall) we discovered that our water pipes were behind the wall so we couldn't take out nearly as much as we wanted (we had hoped to take the whole wall out). But we got at least 1.5 times the space that we had before and we're really happy with the finished product! It's also a perfect spot to display our holiday cards (I love holiday cards). The built in bookshelves, crown molding and paint in the living room is new too. Will have to take a better picture of those. And I'm so happy to have my kitchen table back (from Tokyo) to replace the card table!
Before:
After:
Thank you to my lovely model Andrew. Cheers!

2 comments:

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

I love that Andrew has a cocktail in both pictures!

SteveG85321 said...

The opening, and the built-ins beyond look great. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully Andrew will have a cocktail in hand at that time as well. Looking forward to Christmas visit to the max.
love, Dad