Being that this blog is my "memory keeper" of Connor's early years, I would be remiss if I didn't give Puppy his own post at least once. Lord knows the dog has earned it. I look at pictures like this and I don't know what life would be like without Puppy! Although he's mostly confined to the house out of fear of losing him, anytime we're going to be away overnight or out during nap time, Puppy comes along. He is most definitely Connor's first great love (besides me of course ;)

I took the picture below before Connor was even born. I had just finished getting the nursery and crib ready. Gotta love Puppy in this picture, all shiny and new and just waiting to meet the little boy that would one day love him more than life itself!

Connor took to him right from the start, love at first sight.

What is it about Puppy? It's his soft texture and his long ears. Connor is always playing with his ears. Sometimes when I peek in on Connor at night he's fast asleep but still playing with Puppy's ears. I don't think he even knows he's doing it.

Puppy is treated like one of the fam around here.


I bought Puppy at Pottery Barn Kids before Connor was even born. I think he might have been on sale or something and I thought it would be a cute stuffed animal for a little boy. Ever since I've been on the lookout for something similar, either for our next child or to give as a gift since Puppy had been such a hit with my kid. Finally, two Easters ago, I found one. It's a bunny, and I snatched it up fast (the ears were perfect!) I figured I'd keep it in a closet until we were ready to have another child. Then it took us a little longer than we had hoped to get pregnant and the superstitious side of me wondered if it was because I had already bought something for a child that didn't exist yet. I was this close to giving Bunny away but then I got pregnant. Would Bunny have been too girly for a little boy? Maybe, but we don't have to worry about that because we're having a little girl. We may not have a place for this next kid to sleep yet but at least we have her lovey covered! So without further ado, meet Bunny:

Fully aware that I've lost my mind, please bear with me!
4 comments:
um, you've lost your mind??? I blog about my bulldogs as if they have thoughts and feelings and can articulate them using a laptop... please woman. this is adorable.
I would recommend that you have a spare Puppy on hand. Do you remember Melissa, your Puppy? Melissa came with a pair of baby shoes(by Hush Puppy), and when she got misplaced, I had to go back to the store and plead for another one or else we wouldn't have been able to live. Connor sure is his mom's child, and that is precious.
love, Gramps
Ha Larisa! I love reading your bulldog blog. Dad- I had forgotten about Melissa, thanks for the reminder! She had the same coloring and texture now that I remember. How funny. I did try to find a spare awhile back but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore. So we just have to be extra careful I guess!
Well if you've lost your mind....so have I! That entry made me burst into tears! So sweet!
Stacy
Post a Comment