Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A nice little Sunday

One of the things I was most looking forward to about moving back to the US (besides everything else) was to be able to rejoin the New York Road Runners club and start running races in Central Park again! This past Sunday was my first- a 4 mile run. My goal was to beat my best pre-Connor race time. I missed it by a minute but I didn't mind too much when I saw Connor waiting for me at the finish line. Gives me something to work towards next time. Afterwards there was lots of food and music. Connor busted a move near the stage and drew a bit of a crowd- the kid sure does love to dance!

Andrew took this while they were waiting for me.

Post race. It was a really sunny day.

We went home and showered and then met up with our friend Alexa (in town from Chicago) for a great brunch.


Afterwards we hit the playground, Bed Bath and Beyond, and a visit with Annie and John. Busy day! This Saturday I'm running a 10K with Dana- although there my goal is just to finish. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mom and I had such a great time meeting Connor!! And it was so good to see you guys!! Good luck this weekend!

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

That is really awesome Julie! I'm so proud of you and your commitment to running! Good luck on your 10K!