Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Helper

I'm a bit of a neat freak. Since Connor likes to copy so much of what I do, its no surprise that he's extremely helpful around the house. He loves to push the vacuum and one of his favorite "toys" is a duster- he loves to dust the shelves! He really does help me in so many ways- handing me the pillows when I make the bed, putting away toys, carrying small boxes when we take out the trash, throwing away his dirty diapers (he particularly loves this task and claps for himself after he tosses them in the trash can).

His current obsession is with the dishwasher. Don't worry- I'm always monitoring him. The first thing we do each morning is empty the dishwasher together from the night before so that there are no knives or forks or other dangerous objects for him to get a hold of. He hands me each piece of silverware for me to put away and is so proud of being able to help. Occasionally he'll stop to clap for himself. So yesterday he kept going back and forth between the kitchen and the living room and I knew he was on another one of his "missions." When I went in to see what was going on this is what I found. Guess he thought some of his favorite items around the house could use a good cleaning! I especially got a kick out how he was in the process of loading his books like plates.


I freaking love this kid!

2 comments:

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

That is UNBELIEVABLE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, when you've got him scrubbing floors and cleaning toilets and sinks, bring him down for a visit. In addition to his charm and good looks, the little guy has skills.
love, Gramps