Of course we've been paying for our good luck ever since- Connor's jet lag has just been awful to deal with. The first two nights that we were here he didn't fall asleep until 5am, even after being kept awake by us all day. I can't blame the kid, 5am is 7pm Tokyo time (his bedtime)- its just hard for the little guy's internal clock to adjust I guess. So we've been slowly dialing back his bedtime by an hour each night. Last night he fell asleep at 8 and slept the whole night through, tonight we'll try for 7:00. I've just been telling myself that this is the LAST time we'll ever have to deal with this nonsense- and besides, I'm so freaking excited to be home that I don't even mind that much!!
Here's a few pictures I took on our last day in Tokyo:
One last picture of our home, Izumi Garden.

Connor and I waving "bye bye" to Tokyo Tower.

This is how much crap we took with us to the airport. If you are ever frustrated by traveling, think us and what we did. The amount of stuff we took with us was insane. Our baggage consisted of: 2 huge rubber containers, 2 huge moving boxes, 2 large suitcases, 2 medium suitcases, Connor's overnight bag, my diaper bag, Andrew's briefcase, a car seat, a stroller, and Connor!! I still don't understand how we did it, but I do know that all of the credit goes to Andrew.

Here's Connor helping to push the cart that Andrew had just loaded. It really cracked me up the way Connor really did try to help out. If I was vacuuming, he would push the vacuum around the room. If I was packing a suitcase he'd start throwing stuff inside (as opposed to taking stuff back out like he did before). At one point he even climbed in the suitcase and laid down!

We're so happy with our temporary apt. in NYC. There is literally only one building that separates our building from Annie and John's- we've already seen them multiple times since being home- so fun! There's a good amount of space in here too- plenty of room for Connor to play. Although I don't think we'll be spending too much time in the apartment- there's a whole new city out there to explore!
No comments:
Post a Comment