


Sunday was more babies and brunch (as I've mentioned before - two of my very favorite things in life). Connor and his little buddies got together with us parents at Cicada, one of our favorite restaurants here. This was the first time a couple of the husbands had met each other, and there were tons of laughs (and the babies were so good too!) Thanks Melanie for taking most of the pictures! Jensens- we missed you guys!




Then on Monday (Cinco de Mayo might I add) the gang got together again to surprise Faith for her 30th birthday! We went to one of the only decent Mexican joints here in Tokyo- with the help of Melanie, Faith's husband Russ organized the surprise. Unfortunatley Connor had a bit of a runny nose earlier in the day so we decided that Andrew would stay home with him- he was bummed to miss out on the fun but we still think it was the right move.




Then yesterday (Tuesday) was one of the nicest days I've seen in Tokyo in a while. Blue skies, 70's, yada yada. So we packed up the kid, a blanket, a few toys and some vending machine beers and headed to Yoyogi Park- the closest we can get to Central Park over here. I've always thought that New York City was PRIME people watching but Tokyo really takes it to a whole other level. Just about everyone is making a statement of some sort- and they do it with such confidence! I'd say every 5th person we passed in the park yesterday was picture- worthy for sure (although I didn't take any pictures of them- I really need to start).





So that was it for our jam-packed weekend. I was a little sad when Andrew had to go back to work this morning!! This coming weekend should be another fun one as well- its my first Mother's Day as a Mom :) and then our dear friend Ashley (who's living in London at the moment) arrives for her SECOND visit to Tokyo on Sunday!! We're so excited to see her and for her to meet Connor!!
2 comments:
I'm so excited for my visit too!!!!
Great stories and great photos! I espeically love the one of you and Connor in your blue sweaters - very stylish!! Thanks for coming to the party and Andrew, we missed you!!
Post a Comment