So I'm a little late with this post. I had a really wonderful first Mother's Day. The day definitely feels a whole lot different now that I'm a Mom myself! For Christmas Andrew had given me a gift certificate for a massage and the boys hung out at home while I went and used it on Saturday. It was soooo nice. I really appreciated the "me time." On Sunday we went to brunch at a restaurant at the Tokyo American Club. It's one where we used to eat all the time before Connor arrived. The restaurant doesn't allow children (something quite common here in Tokyo which is pretty annoying for us). However they opened their doors to families with children in celebration of Mother's Day which was fun.
Here's a picture of Connor giving me his Mother's Day card, and then eating the card.


Here's a picture of Connor and I at brunch. What a stud!

I want to wish a VERY Happy Mother's Day (though belated) to my Mom, Andrew's Mom, and my Grandma Alice. I love you all so much. I truly never understood the many sacrifices parents made until I became a parent myself! I also wanted to give a shout out to my fellow Mom friends that I adore so much, both at home (Kate, Susan, Kim) and here in Tokyo (Melanie, Trish, Faith and Christine)! Hope your Mother's Day was a great one too!
No comments:
Post a Comment