On Monday morning Connor and I picked up Ashley from the bus stop. It's been soooooooooo much fun having her here to visit and I think she's quite taken with Connor. Since this is Ashley's SECOND visit, there's not as much pressure to make sure she sees and does everything, we've done more hanging out and playing with Connor. Ashley is a major sushi fan so we've done as much of that as possible. She's much more adventurous in her sushi eating that I will ever be but I've definitely made huge strides during my time here in Toyko. On Monday we went for a long walk around the Roppongi area and I showed her the new Toyko Midtown development, which was in the process of being built during her last visit. We had conveyor belt sushi for dinner. On Tuesday we went out for an "authentic" sushi lunch. The plan was to visit the Edo Tokyo museum in the afternoon but Connor had a minor meltdown and we decided to abort mission at the last minute. On Wednesday I brought Ashley to our weekly play date so she could meet my Tokyo girlfriends and their adorable babies. I was nervous that all the baby talk would be annoying to her but she had a great time and really liked my friends. Thanks Melanie for having us over!! That afternoon we visited the museum that we never made it to on Tuesday. That night we made a nice dinner at home. It's so fun to have a cooking buddy! Yesterday (Thursday) we ventured to Omoto Sando, Shibuya and Harajuku. We had intended to move on to Shinjuku but Connor decided he'd had enough of the Tokyo sightseeing so we took him home instead. As soon as we got back to the apartment all three of us took MAJOR naps. Last night Andrew came home and stayed with Connor while Ashley and I went out for dinner by ourselves (more sushi). Plans for today are to hit the Imperial Palace and Ginza areas. We have a babysitter coming tonight so that Andrew, Ashley and I can go out to dinner- to be followed by some big time karaoke. Should be fun!! Here's some pictures from our adventures so far, most of them are courtesy of Ashley.
No comments:
Post a Comment