
To all our family and friends that knew what was going on and how worried and scared Andrew and I were, thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers- we are so appreciative!!
Now that last week is behind us, and ALL of us are feeling a-okay, there is so much that I am thankful for at the moment, here's a few:
* The health of my family- finally!!
* Our house and our new town which we are so in love with. I am still shocked at how friendly and welcoming everyone is here. All the Moms talk to me on the playground. Everyone says hello. My neighbors have come over to introduce themselves and make sure we were off to a good start. One even brought a bundt cake. I just didn't know that happened anymore!
* That this past weekend I got to go away for a girls weekend in Atlantic City and had a blast! I was going to cancel given the week we had just had with Connor and all but he was totally better by the weekend and Andrew encouraged me to still go. So glad I did!
*When I got home I got to see what Andrew had bought while I was away- a riding lawn mower (I knew it was only a matter or time- he has been talking about and researching these things for as long as I can remember). As you can imagine, Connor has loved going for rides on the tractor, and I really get a kick out of their matching John Deere hats.



*Our amazing weather right now. We've been eating lunch outside on the patio every day for the past few days. Connor can entertain himself for long periods of time out in the back yard, just throwing rocks or kicking the ball around. This morning I even read for a bit while he was busy out there playing. So fun! All of the snow has now melted which is hard to believe, being that this was our street only last week:

*This weekend we're getting our first sitter here so that Andrew and I can go out to dinner. We're going to The Melting Pot, one of my fave date spots only to be found in the burbs. It's seriously been years and years since we've been to one and I am sooooo excited!
*Also worth mentioning is that two weeks ago Connor started pre-school. Obviously this is a big deal deserving of its own post but I the time just got away from me. It's only for two hours two days a week but I can't even put into words how much he loves it. Literally every day he asks if we're going to school. I love to peek in his classroom and see what he's doing. The other day I looked in and he was standing at an easel in a little smock painting. Today he was holding hands with the other kids doing "Ring around the Rosy" and then sitting down for a show and tell (they were asked to bring in their favorite stuffed animal, obviously Connor brought Puppy!). Every day I bring home all of Connor's beautiful artwork from the day which I've been hanging in his playroom. They also have all sorts of activities during the week outside of the classroom (free- too!) On Friday afternoon they showed a Dr. Seuss movie for the kids and had a pizza party. This Sat. morning is a "Dads and Donuts" (this makes me laugh a bit) thing for Andrew and Connor to go to, and a chance for Andrew to see Connor's classroom and to meet some other Dads. My intention was just for Connor to be exposed to other kids right off the bat since we don't really know anyone here yet but its turned out to be so much more than that and we both couldn't be more pleased!
*And last but certainly not least, I am so happy and thankful to announce that we have another baby on the way!! Baby Eich 2.0 is due Sept. 7th, I'm 14 weeks along right now and finally feeling really, really great (all that sickness made for an extra tough first trimester, not to mention the whole move/new house thing!) Here's a picture of me sporting my new baby bump (and yes its mildly ridiculous that I'm showing this early but apparently that is to be expected the second time around and I'm not really minding it too much). Pardon the gym clothes.

Needless to say, we just couldn't be more thrilled! We know Connor is going to be the best big brother in the world and the spacing of the two kids is just perfect for us. We are already so looking forward to meeting this new baby!
Life is Good!!
7 comments:
Congratulations!!! Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better too.
I am SO sorry to hear about Connor - how scary, but I'm happy to hear that everyone is doing better. Congratulations to the Eich family on Little Eich 2.0!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Lord! Glad everyone is feeling better and CONGRATS! :)
Well, I drop in for a routine blog check and I get the great American novel! I was scared; I laughed; I cried; I fell in love... what can I say? My daughter is an adventure! Great post, great story, great family, congratulations on having a great life. Love to all of you,
Gramps
Great post! Congrats on baby 2.0! Love it!
Thanks everyone!! xoxo
Congratulations on Eich 2.0!! Glad to hear that Connor is doing great now. I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now; thank you for sharing. God Bless you all!
Post a Comment