Happy to say that after taking some decent meds yesterday I'm finally really starting to feel better.And do you know what put me in an an even better mood last night? Watching the Olympics. I think I've finally found my Olympic spirit, it always takes me a few days. The pairs free skate (on last night) is always one of my favorite events. In my next life I'd really like to come back as a female pair skater. I just love it. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll watch Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov's 1988 Calgary Olympics long program on You Tube just because. I can distinctly remember watching it in awe live for the first time when I was only 8 years old and it still takes my breath away. RIP Sergei. It's times like these I miss living with my Dad, who also has an appreciation for the Olympics and figure skating. Unlike Andrew, who told me last night that he couldn't watch with me because he automatically thinks about Will Ferrell and Jon Heder in the movie "Blades of Glory" and therefore can't take it seriously. Oh well.
Oh and those snowboarders are so badass. The few times I attempted snowboarding were such a disaster that I have a special respect for them. In that next life I was talking about where I'm an Olympic pair skater I'm totally going to become friends with lots of snowboarders. I bet they are really cool.
Go USA!
3 comments:
Check out the Bulldog Blog for some snowboarding Bulldogs! www.abulldogblog.blogspot.com
You know this post really speaks to me! hahaha
And don't forget about my man Apollo Anton Ohno - now there's a mighty competitor!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the games. It's been a long time since I've watched this much TV, but there's so much to see.
love, Dad
Post a Comment