Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick of being sick!

For the first time in my stay at home mom career I had to call in sick this week. I caught what I thought was just Connor's small cold but it hit me like a freight train. Quite annoying, since I pride myself on normally having a Chuck Norris-like immune system. Not this time. By Tuesday it was so bad that I literally could not get out of bed, let alone take care of Connor. So Andrew worked from home for the day, and took care of us both. Thank God for him!! Connor is pretty much over his cold but I'm still getting there (my symptoms were more flu-like). I finally went to the doctor this morning for some meds so hopefully I should be back on track soon. I am so over being sick!!

Oh and on Wednesday we got our first serious snow since living here. I think all said we got about a foot. I was secretly getting a little jealous of all of my Maryland friends and family who saw tons of snow the prior weekend so I was really excited! Andrew worked from home on Wednesday too, since the trains were running on a limited schedule and the roads by us had not yet been plowed. Glad Andrew was around to take Connor out to play in the snow, since I was still feeling so crappy. They went sledding (we have a decent sledding hill back there), built a pretty cool igloo and threw lots and lots of snowballs. Connor so loves to roll around in the snow with his Dad!

So overall our week wasn't all that exciting. Kind of a bummer since I had several fun activities planned for us but I guess there's always next week. Here's a few random pictures from the week:

The view from my bed. It's so pretty when it snows here!

Snow tackle!

The boys.

Surfer snow dude.

Ok so we were admittedly a little ill equipped for the sudden winter weather. We got almost no snow in NYC so while Connor was outfitted properly, Andrew has no snow boots. Here he is in leather sneakers with plastic bags taped around his argyle socks to keep the snow out. They are sledding on a trash can lid wrapped in a trash bag. Next year we will be better prepared. They still had a ton of fun though!

Watching Andrew outside shoveling snow.

Our little Mr. Fix It. Since Andrew has been spending most of his free time doing all sorts of projects around the house (lots of hammering and drilling!) we got Connor his first real tool set so that he could "help" Andrew with everything he's doing. Of course Connor's fave tool is the drill because its the one that moves and makes the most noise...

Andrew was up in the attic laying down insulation so of course Connor was anxious to join him, hammer in hand!

Better fix the door on our way up.

Andrew's college buddy Mike came to stay with us on Saturday night. He was in NYC for the weekend so just hopped on a train out to us to stay for a night. It was so nice to see him and Connor loved having another guy around to hang out with! Here they are playing football in the driveway.

No comments: