
I'm a little late but I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! We had a great New Year's Eve. Annie and John came over for dinner and drinks and we had a fun night just hanging at our place, and later watching the ball drop on TV. Come midnight we could see the fireworks and glow of Times Square from our window (although no the above picture is not mine, I jacked it from the internet :) I have always loved being in New York City on New Year's Eve, it just feels more festive! New Year's Day Andrew, Connor, me, Annie and John took the train out to Hoboken to see Shann and Rob and their new Bambino- the cutest little guy in NJ!! He was seriously the most adorable little baby. What a fun way to kick off the new year- with a couple of my besties and our families.
Random story of something funny that happened today- About 6 years ago Andrew and I bought a brown leather chair from Ethan Allen. We were 23 and it was our first major furniture purchase together. Up until that point, it was probably the most money either of us had ever spent on anything (although an engagement ring would soon follow!) Fast forward to the present, the frame of our beloved chair gave out on Christmas day. Luckily its still under warranty so Ethan Allen is going to send someone out to fix it. On the phone today the woman wanted to confirm that we still lived at 312 E. 93rd St. (friends and fam might recall that as being Andrew and I's first place together- a "cozy" studio/quasi-one bedroom on the 6th floor of a 6 floor walk up in Spanish Harlem (hey- everybody's gotta start somewhere!) I had to laugh at that because we've actually had FIVE addresses since then and we're about to move yet AGAIN at the end of the month- yes, we have moved every year for as long as I can remember. Crazy! So what I'm most looking forward to in 2010 is our first HOME, to building our life there... and to staying there for as LONG as possible... two years at least!!
Cheers to 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment