Monday, January 18, 2010

Big Week, Big Day, Lots of Lasts

This has been a busy week/weekend! We've been tying up lots of loose ends here and getting everything set for the move to the new house. To add to the excitement, the swine flu hit our house this past week. Apparently Andrew brought it home with him from Tokyo (lovely), as a couple of his Tokyo co-workers came down with it as well. Luckily, with an excessive amount of hand washing (not sure if my hands will ever recover) both Connor and I managed to avoid it. Thank goodness. Andrew was hit hard for two days straight but he was up and around just fine after that. I'd say in general it was pretty mild just because it didn't last all that long. Again, thank goodness. Yesterday we had a final walk-thru at the new house, just making sure everything was fixed that was supposed to be, and it all was. So... we're all set to close and move in early next week- woo hoo!

In the meantime, this past week and this coming week are a whole lot of "lasts." Most involve food and our favorite places to eat- "this is our last Thai, Indian, Turkish, Mexican... whatever" (since you can literally find whatever within a three block radius in NYC.) Others involve people and places- our last visit to the Childrens Museum this past week (which has been one of Connor and I's favorite field trip locations), strolls through Central Park, playgroups and playdates, lunches with friends, etc. This morning Andrew took Connor out in the jogging stroller for their last run up the East River. This afternoon we had Connor's last haircut at his fave kiddie cut place and tomorrow we have his last checkup with his current pediatrician. Andrew and I have also been trying to cram in a couple of "last" nights out just the two of us, knowing that it might be a while before we get set up with a babysitter in our new town. I just can't imagine finding someone that we love and trust as much as our sitter here!!

Here's a couple of pictures from today. We had our last lunch at Brother Jimmy's, our fave southern BBQ place. Andrew and Connor have had weekly "guys" lunches there just about every weekend for the last year and today I joined them. You can imagine Connor's excitement when a firetruck pulled up outside and a couple of fireman got out and waved to him. He's definitely going to miss seeing so many firetrucks and other emergency vehicles on a daily basis!!


And here's a few from his haircut. We're both going to miss this place.



They cut off the last of his summer blond, I was shocked at how dark his hair really is!

In other exciting news, today has been a BIG day for two of my very best friends. First, Jackie turns the Big 3-0! Happy Birthday Jackie! And second, Jessica (my best friend since we were literally three years old) went into labor with her first baby (a son!). I'm just dying to hear the news. Overall, a really great day!!

1 comment:

Seph, Trish, and Kate said...

Ok seriously! Connor could not be any cuter and I love the blow dryer pic! What a happy little boy!