
The Wednesday prior to Memorial Day weekend we met Trish and Seph (our Tokyo friends that now live in Texas) in Vegas for 3 nights, 4 days. This was my first time there, I've been wanting to go for what seems like forever and this seemed like a perfect time! Andrew was already out west for a conference so he met me there. I freaking LOVED Vegas and I can't wait to go back. It was the perfect mix of relaxation during the day and fun and entertainment at night. We also had a good mix of time spent with Trish and Seph and by ourselves which was nice. I really feel like we did it all (except for a seeing a show, that will have to wait until next time). Andrew won big the first night we were there but proceeded to lose it all plus a little more over the next two nights (isn't that a familiar Vegas story?). My game was black jack and I left down only $15. Not bad considering it provided me with hours of entertainment and free drinks!
Andrew's Mom came to NYC to stay with Connor while we were gone which we sooooo appreciated. It was so nice for us to know that we were leaving him in such great hands and from what we hear, they had a GREAT time together! I think she is still going through a bit of Connor withdrawal :) It was so nice to have some time away to ourselves but we sure missed our little guy and were more than ready to come back to him!
Somehow I didn't take very many pictures while we were there, but here's a few.
At Lavo for drinks on our first night:

We liked Lavo so much we went back there with the Jensens for dinner on night #2:

Trish and Seph at Lavo. They celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary that night, you can see a candle in their dessert of fried oreos (an NYC fave food- sounds weird but SO delicious!!). Poor Trish dislocated her shoulder (apparently this happens to her often :( ) the first night there (hence the sling). She was a good sport about it though. When our waitress asked what happened to her she said "you should see the other girl!"

I HEART VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment