
And on his 7 month birthday:

I've missed posts for Connor's 6 and 7 month birthdays- so here's a quick (or not so quick) update!
We had his 6 month check up this afternoon (a month late due to being back in the states). Here's his official stats:
Weight: 18lbs, 7oz (50th percentile)- I was surprised, I thought he would have been heavier than that, guess those chubby cheeks are deceiving.
Height: 27 inches (48th percentile)
Head Circumfrence: I forgot to write it down, but its in the 80th percentile, obviously due to his larger than average brain :)
These last two months have been action packed for Connor. During the month of July I swore he did something new every single day. This drove Andrew a little crazy- since this was while Connor and I were in the USA and Andrew was still in Tokyo. Therefore Andrew could only see Connor's new tricks during our daily video chats over the computer (gotta love technology though)! At 6 months, Connor was already crawling quite comfortably up on all fours but if there was a "need for speed" for example, a tower of stacking cups needing to be knocked down, etc. - he would drop back down to his "military crawl" (on his tummy) and away he would go. He was already holding his own bottle, and still prefers to feed himself this way. At 7 months, Connor now only crawls up on his hands and knees. He's also pulling himself up onto furniture AND getting himself back down again! It's amazing to me to watch him figure this stuff out! He goes up and down, up and down, up and down ALL day long. He also likes to crawl under and through things, and has even gone up some stairs. He gives high fives and kisses (if he feels like it) and likes to clap. His favorite games are peekaboo, "someones gonna get you!" and of course- knocking down stacking cups or anything else that sits or stands upright (unfortunately this does include wine bottles set out for recycling and other babies). My favorite new development is that he giggles all the time and SHRIEKS in delight. There's nothing better than his little laugh to make Andrew and I smile! We'll find something that really gets him going and then we'll do it over and over and over again- we can't get enough. His favorite songs are "Wheels on the bus," "You are my Sunshine" and "Down by the Bay." I know not everyone cares about these little details but I'm better at updating this blog than his baby book so these are things I can look back on :) His favorite stuffed animal is the dog that lives in his crib who we've named "Puppy" (I'm obviously not the creative type). We've started on solids and unfortunately he doesn't care much for rice cereal or oatmeal- but doesn't mind any fruits and some vegetables (I'm really pushing the vegetables now- I WILL win this battle eventually). I wouldn't classify him as a "good eater" but we're working on it. He still doesn't have any teeth though his doc says they're "on deck." He continues to sleep thorough the night and as of his 7 month birthday was still napping 3 times per day. Although he may look like quite the tough guy- we have also realized there are several things that scare the daylights out of him- the ocean, cats, the vacuum, and a noise I make when I clear my throat to name a few. Otherwise, he continues to be an incredibly happy baby- we joke that he's a little Ambassador to Japan, as he can make even the most serious Japanese businessman smile. We are such lucky parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment