
So this was our last weekend in Tokyo before our big trip home. I can't believe that we leave THIS week! We had a great weekend- but it definitely had its highs and lows. Here's a recap:
Saturday: HIGHS: It was Andrew's birthday! Happy Birthday Andrew! There couldn't be a better husband or Dad out there (ok I'm biased but still). Connor and I are so lucky! The weather was gorgeous and we took a field trip to Omoto Sando where we had a great birthday lunch as Fujimama's (one of my favorite weekend brunch locales). Big time LOW: We lost our camera. Hopefully just "misplaced it temporarily"). We think it might have been left behind at the restaurant. Andrew thinks this is my doing in an evil ploy to get a new camera but this is not true! I feel naked without my camera and Connor has already had 5-6 camera worthy moments that have been missed.
Sunday: HIGHS: Happy Easter! We got everyone showered and dressed and out the door and to church on time. Then we came home and had a video chat with Andrew's folks who were visiting his sister Kelly and her husband Massi in Chicago (they brought their laptop so we could do the video chat thing). And we got the fantastic news that Kelly is pregnant (due in Sept)! That will be 3 new grand kids inside of a year for the Eichs if you're counting. Then we headed to the Tokyo American Club to meet the Easter Bunny and for the Easter brunch and champagne buffet (which was AWESOME). We were joined by Melanie, Christine and Trish along with their families (so there were 4 babies under 5 months old). Remarkably- all the babies were on their best behavior during lunch! LOWS: Andrew had to go into the office after our meal- big time bummer! It's just so busy for him this time of year. Second Low: Still no camera to capture Connor in his Sunday best (which included a plaid button down shirt and sweater vest) or any of the other great Easter moments. Luckily Melanie snapped some pictures of Connor and the other babies, which I've posted (thank you Melanie). Another low was waking up Sunday morning to find that Connor had scratched, no make that SLASHED his face with his nails BIG TIME. I'm talking a big cut from his ear to his mouth. We have a sneaking suspicion its because he knew we were going to be dressing him up to have his picture taken. Anyone who asked we told that Connor cut himself shaving that morning. It's healing up nicely, but I do have him wearing his "Rock Star" onesie that Jackie got for him. I think it goes well with his new nickname "Slash" and makes him look tough. Wish I could take a picture...
3 comments:
He still looked adorable...even with the slash. He just wanted to have a manly look for his photoshoot! Happy Birthday Andrew!!
How CUTE is your little man!! We're all wishing you a safe and uneventful trip back to the good-ole USA! Hopefully, we'll have a chance to introduce our bundles of joy to one another... please let us know of your itinerary. I'm so sorry about the camera... I can truly appreciate how horrible that must be for you! I, too, wonder if it's a ploy (even subconsciously) to get a new, zooty one like your friend Melanie (hee hee)!
Julie: Thanks so much for keeping us all up to date on your family happenings and all the great pics! Happy first Mothers Day, love, Grandpa Don
Post a Comment