Our first day and night at home was crazy. I was still recovering physically and after being away from Connor and Leyla for three nights they wanted a lot of attention. Plus I was trying to get a breastfeeding routine well established with Logan. However since then we've really settled into our new groove and everything has been going so well! The big kids totally get when I just need to have some quiet time with the baby and are really good about entertaining themselves. Leyla's new line is "Can I just be with you Mommy?" which I think is so sweet. She'll just sit quietly with me when I feed Logan, she just wants to be near us. As for Logan, he's an absolute angel baby so far (which is just what we needed out of our #3!) Of course its still early but he doesn't fuss whatsoever and is happy to just sit and watch what the big kids are doing. He's already in a great routine and wakes just twice to eat at night- nice!
Some pics of our first days at home:
The kids rushed to give their lovies to Logan, which I thought was just about the highest honor they could give him ;) They piled on a couple others as well.
They love to push him in his swing.
First group meal :)
Little burrito baby.
Chillin'
Buddha baby smile.
Big yawn!
Sweet boy.
Connor engaging Logan in a Transformers battle. Can you tell he's pumped to have a brother??
Quick Leyla picture. She really cracked us up, here she was telling us she was heading to work. Andrew asked her "and exactly what is your job??";)
Loving on Grandma. My Mom has been so unbelievably helpful- I'm so grateful! She has to go back home later today :(
Things I'm loving about Logan:
*His little hands and feet.
*His (huge) blue eyes.
*He's my first baby with hair!
*He has the funniest of facial expressions- the best of which is this look of total shock that he's here and that there are constantly little people in his face ;)
*How much he looks like Connor did as a baby.
*His milk coma face.
*The way he smells- its absolutely delicious. Connor says he smells like bubbles.
*How super snugly he is. I just want to love on him all day long.
*He's so alert!
*He seems to be a really chill baby so far- fingers crossed that continues!













3 comments:
What a lucky little boy is Logan, to be born into a family with so much love. I can't wait to meet him and get some of that baby snuggling. I love you all.
Gramps
So glad that baby #3-Logan is a "chill" baby for you!!! :)
He's so cute!!! I can't wait to meet him :)
Post a Comment