With our kids in awesome hands back in Michigan Andrew and I left for our first "plane ride away" from the kids. It was both heart wrenching (one night I missed them so badly I could hardly sleep) and glorious (ha) to be away on our own like that. We met our friends the Jensens there and the four of us just had a really really nice time. The last time I was in Sonoma I was pregnant, so it was really fun being able to properly partake in the wine tasting experience this time around!
Our hotel was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was really beautiful.
The pool and spa just behind.

Andrew, me, Trish and Seph. Night number 1, dinner at the hotel. I was jet lag city (esp. since we were up at 5am that morning) but it was still really fun with lots of laughs.
Went out for a run my first morning there. Stopped to take these pics from my phone. The views in every direction were just so awesome! My pics don't do it justice.
Gary Farrell winery (easily my very favorite!)
Gary Farrell makes our hearts happy.
My Aunt, cousin Hanna and her adorable son Kai (who all live in the Sonoma area) came and met us for breakfast one day. It was so nice to see them!

Frolicking in the vineyards at B.R.Cohn.
Trish and I.
Well hello lover...
Gloria Ferrer champagne cave and vineyard (my 2nd favorite!) We had the best seat in the house and I could have easily stayed there all day!
Dividing up the acquired goods to ship home. That was a really fun package to receive a couple days ago!!
I know its a total luxury for parents of small kids to get away by themselves and I'm so unbelievably thankful (to the Eichs!) for being able to make this work! I consider it both a luxury, and a bit of a necessity (for us) too. Andrew and I had so much fun just being together. We held hands the entire plane ride home. The flight attendant even commented to us about it afterwards, telling us that you just don't see that anymore. She asked if we were on our honeymoon. Obviously not, but it sure feels like one traveling without kids, ha!














1 comment:
this looks like it was so much fun! You guys all look great!
Post a Comment