
Happy Thanksgiving! We'll be heading to MI to celebrate with the extended Eich family. It's always super fun when the whole gang gets together there. And Connor adores his cousins so its always fun to see them playing together. Can't wait for everyone to meet Leyla too.
It's been a big year for us- buying our first home, the transition to the suburbs, turning 30, adding a perfect baby girl to our little family, celebrating 5 years of marriage... there is much to be thankful for right now. Nothing fancy because I'm tired but here's a few things off the top of my head that I'm pretty darn thankful for right now...
The big:
-My beautiful babies. I feel lucky every day that they are mine.
-For Andrew.
-That Connor is such a fun, polite little boy that people enjoy being around.
-For sweet baby girls that only get up once a night to feed.
-That everyone is healthy.
-For our families who have always been so loving and so supportive of everything we do.
-For my awesome girlfriends, near and far.
-For the new friends I've made here in New Canaan.
-For the food on our table, roof over our head, heat in the winter time.
-That Andrew has a good, (stable?) job.
-A job that allows me to stay at home every day with said beautiful babies.
-For Connor's rockin' speech. He was a (very) late talker. I spent a long time worrying. And now he never stops talking (and almost perfectly). And it will always be music to my ears.
-For the special moments my kids have gotten to have with their Great Grandparents.
-For being an American.
-For our military that keeps us safe.
-For having nice neighbors.
-For everyone that reads this blog.
And the not so big:
-For the Starbucks drive thru 2 miles from my house.
-That for whatever reason, pacifiers land facing up when dropped.
-For Spanx.
-For the wine I'm drinking right now (thanks Aunt Joanne!)
-For my currently most prized possions: my camera, my triple load washing machine, my Nespresso machine and my breastpump (how obvious is it that I'm in the throes of raising small children?)
My people, of which I am the most thankful.

Happy Turkey Day!
1 comment:
hi julie,
you are such a beautiful person! i adore your posts and as i have said before, you are a talented writer. your grandfather and i often discuss new postings and pictures that you so kindly take the time to do. i wish you the best of everything!
love, joanne (linda's sister)
Post a Comment