Thursday, January 22, 2009

A sad passing.

Yesterday was a very sad day for the Goodman family. Lexie, my beloved childhood dog passed away. She was an old girl but her death was unexpected. She passed away at home while my Dad was at work. I truly think there is no love like the unconditional love that comes from a dog, particularly- from a big goofy yellow lab like Lexie. Knowing her, I think she's now somewhere in doggie heaven- riding around in the back of a car with her head hanging out of the window, her long blond ears waving in the wind. It was always one of her favorite things to do. We'll miss you good girl. RIP.

Connor and Lexie this past Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I just want you to know that is very lovely testimonial to Lexie. I've looked at it several times today. It reminds me of when we used to take the dogs down to Wye Island so Lexie could go swimming and Spunky would stand with her feet in the water and watch. Lexie sure did love riding in the car - thanks for reminding me. Love, Dad